Atom is sometimes a pain but it's free, extremely flexible, and does really good regex. Also works on many platforms.
Can't install packages
When searching for packages you get the error: unable to get local issuer certificate.
You're behind a firewall or proxy that's breaking SSL. Best fix might be in this thread.
Less secure (but easier 🤷♂️) solution is to run the following from the CLI.
apm config set strict-ssl false apm config set https-proxy http://YOUR_PROXY_ADDRESS
To find the proxy address:
- In the Windows search bar, type "Internet Options".
- Select Internet Options from the results list.
- Click on the Connections tab.
- Click the LAN settings button.
- Two options here:
- If a static proxy is configured it will be listed in the Address box in the bottom section (Proxy server).
- If Automatic configuration is being used then hopefully there will be an address in the top Address box that points at the config script.
- Put that URL in your browser and it will load the config file with the proxy info in there. In my case it was near the bottom of the script.
- If The Automatically detect settings is configured and there's nothing in the Address box then you're on your own. Google can probably tell you how to find the proxy, certainly a packet capture would unearth it, but I don't know a simple method and right now I don't need to.
NOTE: You have to restart the editor before the config settings will take. It also looks like they might not be permanent, which will really bug me if it's true.